The East Greenbush Community Library is currently accepting applications for a part-time Youth Services Librarian to join a dynamic and dedicated team of professionals. Successful candidates should be creative, flexible, and enthusiastic about public service.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Providing reference and readers’ advisory assistance to children, teens and adults.
- Planning and conducting storytimes, book clubs, and other programs for children.
- Assisting in all phases of collection development, including acquisitions and weeding.
- Maintaining awareness of current trends in children’s literature, child development, and library technology.
Position is approximately 8 hours a week, and primarily includes 1 evening per week and every other Saturday.
$23.75 per hour
- MLS from an ALA accredited library school
- New York State Public Librarian Professional Certificate
- Must be eligible for a provisional appointment as a Librarian I under civil service
Please submit a cover letter, resume, Rensselaer County Civil Service application and three professional references to:
Ms. Vicki Bucciantini
Business and Operations Manager
email: email@example.com or
East Greenbush Community Library
10 Community Way
East Greenbush, NY 12061.
Position remains open until filled. We will begin reviewing applications on Monday, February 17th.